Organization Lead - Blue Zones Project
Company: Healthways/Blue Zones
Are you passionate about where you live and want to make it a better place for this and the next generation? Blue Zones Project, a nation-wide community well-being initiative, was brought to Oregon by Cambia Health Foundation in support of Oregon Healthiest State. Our mission/goal/focus is to help make healthy choices easier through environmental, social and policy changes. In 2015, Klamath Falls became Oregon’s first Blue Zones demonstration community. Now, Blue Zones Project is expanding to The Dalles and we are looking for an Organization Lead to help guide community well-being transformation through the participation of Worksites, Restaurants, Schools, Faith-Based Organizations and Grocery Stores. Success is achieved when local employers, restaurants, schools, faith-based organizations and grocery stores adopt the recommended changes to measurably improve well-being as assessed by the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.
If you have a passion for helping others improve their well-being, are driven to make a difference, and have successfully developed strong networks and
measurable results, we want to talk to you!
Specific Duties Include:
• Developing strong relationships with organizations in The Dalles to support them in working through a menu of evidence-based best practices to become a designated Blue Zones Worksite®, Blue Zones Restaurant®, Blue Zones Faith-Based Organization®, Blue Zones School®, or Blue Zones Grocery Store® in support of overall community well-being.
• Working with key community stakeholders to develop and execute the Blue Zones Project Blueprint - or strategic plan - within the local business community, including identifying and leveraging contacts, creating partner relationships, and educating organizations on becoming a Blue Zones Worksite, Blue Zones Faith-Based Organization, Blue Zones School, Blue Zones Restaurant or Grocery Store.
• Raising awareness of Blue Zones Project through webinars, speaking engagements and events.
• Sharing Blue Zones Project tools, resources and marketing materials necessary to effectively drive participation and change within organizations.
• Working with the local Blue Zones Project community leadership team to maintain momentum and advancement of the Project’s strategic plans within the community.
• Supporting relevant committee(s) working on community Blueprint implementation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong self-starter and team leader, specifically in partnership contexts where the team is not direct reports.
• Adept at working with all levels of organizations and civic groups to help them work towards certification by showing them how to use the appropriate tools and resources.
• Compelling written/oral communications skills as it relates to driving initiatives within worksites, schools, faith-based organizations, restaurants and grocery stores.
• Ability to build positive working relationships with key partners.
• Ability to represent Healthways and Blue Zones with partners, the public and media.
• Ability to work with many partners, including our sponsor.
• Strong project management skills to ensure projects stay on track.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred). Experience in lieu of education also considered.
• 7+ years’ experience serving in an account management/client services role; restaurant, grocery and/or nutrition experience preferred.
• Sales, business development and strategic marketing experience.
• Knowledgeable and connected to businesses, restaurants and grocery stores in The Dalles.