Part Time - Flexible - Educational Assistants/Custodian/Food Service/Certified Teachers
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 700 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 2.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
Are you ready to make an impact in education?
Educational Assistants work under the direction of the classroom teacher to provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth. They are also known as school aides, teacher assistants, instructional aides, one-to-one aides, and more.
Custodians play an essential role in maintaining the cleanliness, safety, and functionality of school facilities, ensuring every school day runs smoothly and students can focus on learning. In addition to regular building maintenance functions, the school custodian provides direct support to classroom teachers in set up and maintenance of furniture and equipment.
Food service workers play an integral role in preparing and delivering meals to students in a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
Certified substitute teachers are an integral part of a school’s educational team, amplifying your teaching expertise while maximizing the learning experience for students! An ESS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed. The State of Oregon requires all substitute teachers to hold an active Oregon Teaching License, Restricted Substitute Teaching License, or an Oregon Reciprocal License.
Our Employees Enjoy:
- Flexible full or part-time schedule – pick when and where you work!
- Health benefits
- Ongoing training and support
- Weekly pay
- 401(k) retirement plans
- 24/7 access to job openings
- Monthly raffle prizes
- Referral program
- Bonus opportunities
- Discount shopping program
- Recognition programs
- The opportunity to make a difference
- A substitute position with ESS may be the opportunity you’re looking for! ESS has dozens of daily and long-term substitute paraprofessional opportunities each day in our partnering school districts and we have been named one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes magazine for the last two years. Plus, our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions.
We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you’re not in a long-term role – you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone or internet.
Qualifications of a Educational Assistants/Custodians/Food Service
- High School Diploma or GED
- ABI/FBI Criminal History Clearance
Qualifications for Substitute Teacher
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Substitute Teacher Certification
- State/FBI Criminal History Clearance
- Child Care’s Central Background Clearance
- Drug Screen – Varies by District
For more information please visit ess.com or call 866-208-7454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.