Special Education Paraeducator
Company: Educational Service District 112
Compensation: $14.10 per hour
We are recruiting for a Special Education Paraeducator to serve Columbia High School in the White Salmon School District. This position will be 32.5 hours per week and will be based on the school year schedule.
Reporting directly to the Special Education Teacher, the Special Education Paraeducator is responsible for supporting and assisting students with disabilities in various school settings. The Special Education Paraeducator, consistent with the individual education plan (IEP) or individual family service plan (IFSP) assists the Special Education Teacher with lesson plan preparation; one-on-one and small group instruction; classroom management; student observation and assessment; and communication with parents and staff.
- Assist the Special Education Teacher, consistent with IEP or IFSP goals, in lesson plan preparation; one-on-one & small group instruction; classroom management; student observation & assessment; communication with parents and staff, in a variety of school settings.
- Supervise students.
- Collect data and report student progress.
- Maintain accurate data collection records.
- Communicate with staff and parents as instructed by the Special Education Teacher.
- Provide positive behavior management support, consistent with the IEP or IFSP.
- Attend to the physical needs of students, including moving and positioning students & assisting with personal hygiene needs.
- Participate in staff meetings, inservice programs, workshops and seminars.
- Participate as a member of the education team. May attend parent conferences.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Must meet one of the following educational requirements: Associate's Degree; OR 48 sem./72 quarter credits from an accredited college or university; OR Passing score of 461 on the ParaPro Assessment.
- Experience in a special education classroom setting.
- Knowledge of programs and services for students with disabilities.
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
ESD 112 recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals. ESD 112 does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, families with children, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-job related physical, sensory or mental disabilities, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal in any educational programs, activities, or employment.