Special Education Nurse - White Salmon School District
Company: Educational School District 112
We are recruiting for a Special Education Nurse to serve Henkle Middle School in the White Salmon School District for the 2018-19 school year. This position is 19.5 hrs/wk, school year schedule.
Reporting to a special education assistant director and a regional school nurse, the special education nurse works collaboratively with the student health and education team to provide routine limited nursing care to students consistent with program procedures. The special education nurse assists in the revision of care plans; responds to the medical needs of students in the class room; and consistent with the individual education plan (IEP) or individual family service plan (IFSP) assists the special education teacher with lesson plan preparation: small group instruction; classroom management; student observation and assessment; and communication with staff.
- Assess and provide for the basic and critical needs of students with life-threatening medical conditions requiring ongoing physical assessment, nursing treatments, and medication administration.
- Provide invasive care within scope of practice (e.g. catheterization of students, rectal administration of diazepam, g-tube feedings).
- Document student care administered as part of the student health plan.
- Collect health care and educational data provided for assigned students.
- Facilitate collaboration and communication between interdisciplinary team members to meet students' goals.
- Administer medications and treatments.
- Provide student medical status report to the regional school nurse.
- Assist the special education teacher, consistent with IEP or IFSP goals, in lesson plan preparation; one-on-one & small group instruction; classroom management; student observation & assessment; communication with staff, in a variety of settings.
- Attend to the physical needs of students, including moving and positioning students & assisting with personal hygiene needs.
- May work with specialized medical equipment used by student to insure that equipment is functioning properly.
- Supervise students and report students' progress to teacher.
- Provide positive behavior management support, consistent with the IEP or IFSP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hold or eligible to hold a valid Washington State Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Current CPR/1st aid certification.
LPN - $21.09 Hourly Wage
RN - $28.07 Hourly Wage
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
ESD 112 recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals. ESD 112 does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, families with children, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-job related physical, sensory or mental disabilities, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal in any educational programs, activities, or employment. Please direct inquiries concerning Title IX, Title VII, and ADA to Marnie Allen and inquiries concerning Section 504 and IDEA to Jeff Niess at 2500 NE 65th Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98661, 360-750-7500.