Office Specialist 2/Records Management & Citation Processing Specialist
Company: Department of Consumer and Business Services-Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Wage / Salary: 30732 / yr
Compensation: $30732 per year
To protect and serve Oregon's consumers and workers while supporting a positive business climate.
The Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) is a progressive business regulatory state agency dedicated to the mission of protecting and serving Oregon's consumers and workers while supporting a positive business climate. The department administers state laws and rules governing workers' compensation, occupational safety and health, financial institutions, insurance companies and building codes. The department has consumer protection and education programs, offices, and ombudsmen to help consumers, injured workers, and businesses.
This position is with the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division (Oregon OSHA). Oregon OSHA is responsible for assuring safe and healthful working conditions for Oregon workers through promulgation and enforcement of Occupational Safety and Health Regulations, and by providing education and consultation to employees and employers.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a productive and creative environment
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
- Advancement and learning opportunities that will help grow your career with the State of Oregon
- Live, work, and play in and around the Salem, Oregon area
Here’s what you will do:
You will ensure and maintain accurate employer data, information, and files; and when requested, provide this information to requestors. In addition, you will issue legal citations to employers working in Oregon. You will work with a diverse population including federal and state staff, employees, employers, and the general public, and provide primary back-up to the front desk.
Here’s what you need to qualify:
- Two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
- An Associate's degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
- Graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
NOTE: College courses in Office Occupations or Office Technology will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience courteously assisting customers
- Ability to work in a team and get along, yet work independently and prioritize work to meet various deadlines
- Experience using various databases and word processing software efficiently
- Experience proofreading information for accuracy
- Skill using and maintaining both hard copy and electronic files
- Experience working with confidential information
- Preference may be given to candidates who can fluently read, write and speak Spanish.
- Please ensure that you clearly demonstrate in your application materials that you meet the qualifications listed and that you follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you not being considered for the job.
For additional information you may contact us by e-mail at DCBS.Recruiting@oregon.gov or by phone at 503-378-3200.
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
DCBS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to workforce diversity, equity, and inclusion.