Bilingual Spanish Outreach & Education Coordinator
Wage / Salary: 51744 / yr
This opportunity is scheduled to last one year, and will be filled as either a limited duration or a job rotation. To apply as a job rotation candidate, you must be currently employed by the State of Oregon (regular status, trial service, and limited duration employees) and have written approval from your manager/supervisor prior to applying.
To protect and serve Oregon's consumers and workers while supporting a positive business climate.
The Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) is a progressive business regulatory state agency dedicated to the mission of protecting and serving Oregon's consumers and workers while supporting a positive business climate. The department administers state laws and rules governing workers' compensation, occupational safety and health, financial institutions, insurance companies and building codes. The department has consumer protection and education programs, offices, and ombudsmen to help consumers, injured workers, and businesses.
This position is with the Health Insurance Marketplace. The division is charged with managing the Oregon Health Insurance Exchange program which provides a marketplace for Oregon’s qualified health plans to sell insurance to Oregonians in the individual market. The division is responsible for managing the relationship with the federal technology vendor, establishing partnerships with state and federal entities that collaborate around this work and work within the state and national insurance regulatory model to provide ACA compliant and competitive products to Oregon families.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a productive and creative environment
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
- Advancement and learning opportunities that will help grow your career with the State of Oregon
- Live, work, and play in Salem, Oregon
Here’s what you will do:
- As the Bilingual Spanish Outreach & Education Coordinator, you will primarily support statewide outreach and education to the Spanish speaking community.
- Provide training and support to Community Partners and Agents around the state who wish to assist in reaching out to and enrolling Oregonians into insurance programs. These partners include Grantees, Agents, Application Assisters, Volunteer Community Organizations, medical providers and other stakeholders.
- Work in a team environment to conduct outreach to targeted communities and/or constituencies to develop new or support existing partnerships, which includes creating a strategic plan and identifying meetings, events and communities leaders to support the success of your outreach.
- Provide support and training to businesses, State Agencies and to consumers.
- Provide support to the Outreach and Education Program Manager as well as the Marketplace Administrator in special projects to promote enrollment and/or retention in QHP.
- Support the Consumer Service Center, which analyzes and resolves diverse and complex insurance issues on behalf of the Health Insurance Exchange and the insurance-buying public.
Here’s what you need to qualify:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences and two years experience coordinating or administering a program; OR
- Any combination of experience or education equivalent to five years of experience coordinating or administering a program
- Spanish bilingual skills are mandatory for this position. The successful candidate must be able to speak, read, write, and interpret Spanish fluently, and will earn 5% more than the salary listed on this announcement.
- Knowledge of insurer and agent trade practices, administration, accounting, education and marketing in regards to health insurance
- Strong basic knowledge of healthcare, specifically the affordable care act, Medicare, and basic knowledge of other state and federal programs such as the Division of Financial Regulation, Oregon Health Authority, Federal Health Insurance Marketplace, Department of Justice, Bureau of Labor and Industries, U.S. Department of Labor Pension and Welfare Benefits Administration, as well as the various programs in the Health Insurance Exchange
- Superior problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals having diverse education and background under stressful conditions
- Experience giving presentations and trainings
- Must exercise superior common sense and good judgment in strained circumstances
- Must have a strong technical insurance background
Please ensure that you clearly demonstrate in your application materials that you meet the qualifications listed and that you follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you not being considered for the job.
For additional information you may contact us by e-mail at DCBS.Recruiting@oregon.gov or by phone at 503-378-3200.
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
DCBS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to workforce diversity, equity, and inclusion.