Senior Business Systems Analyst (Operations and Policy Analyst 4)
Company: Construction Contractor's Board
Compensation: $5,828 per month
This limited duration opportunity is scheduled to end on June 30, 2021.
This is a management service position and is not represented by a union.
Our mission is to protect the public’s interest relating to improvements to real property.
The Construction Contractors Board (CCB) promotes fair, honest and competitive construction industry and protects the consumer’s rights relating to improvements to real property. The Board regulates construction contractors and promotes a competitive business environment through education, contractor licensing, dispute resolution, and law enforcement.This is a management service position and is not represented by a union.
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
Here’s what you will do:
The successful candidate will serve as a key business advisor to plan and manage the integration of the new license software system into the entire business structure of the Construction Contractors Board by conducting business analysis studies and designing and updating procedural systems and policies that will have impacts on contractor licensees, state, local and county governments, and other external stakeholders. Upon approval of the recommendations, the position will implement change processes for internal and external stakeholders (licensees, staff, local and county governments, etc.), and may present business cases to the legislature on behalf of the agency.
This position will also effectively contribute to the CCB long- and short-range operational planning process, including detailed project requirements, design, testing, training, improvement, and start-up operations of the new license system, development or modification of operational policies and procedures, analysis of existing systems, programs, integration and security concerns. The position will develop and manage large, complex information technology transition projects of various scope and size, which have significant impacts on agency operations, and lead interdisciplinary CCB project teams in collaboration with BCD and other governmental jurisdictions to manage aspects of IT projects.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, or Political Science; and five years experience in professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work; OR
- Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight years of experience in professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
- Knowledge and understanding of Oregon’s I.T. procurement process and requirements
- Expert proficiency and experience with the project management body of knowledge and execution of IT transition projects with thorough knowledge of computer systems analysis
- Strong organizational skills, with acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Demonstrated competency in holistic change management and associated principles, methodologies and tools, including an ability to confidently influence across organizations and to external stakeholders
- Exceptional and effective interpersonal communication proficiencies to develop appropriate relationships and resolve any potential conflicts. Includes proficiency to articulate messages to a variety of diverse audiences, establish and maintain strong relationships, and influence others toward common visions and goals
- Proficiency with analyzing organizational structures to determine what, if any, changes may be needed to ensure completion of project(s)
- Proficiency with providing, developing and implementing effective statute, rule, policy and procedure modifications, including development of policy option packages
You must clearly demonstrate in your application and application materials that you meet the qualifications listed. Failure to provide this information may result in not being considered further.
Talent Management Coordinator
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
CCB is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to workforce diversity.