Instructional Technology Resources for Faculty
Open Educational Resources (OERs)
Materials you can use for free.
Get help from the library on identifying when you can and can't use copyrighted materials for your class.
Plans and Manuals
Writing Objectives PB&J Method
- Accessibility in Online Course Design Video
- Using Ally with Moodle
- Ally for Instructors
- Ally for Students
- Accessible Documents Using Ally
- Making the Case for Accessibility
- How a screen reader works
How to Make Documents Accessible
Moodle complies with major international standards in the area of accessibility, including XHTML Strict 1.0. More information
Quality Matters has a helpful resource about accessibility. There is no cost but you will need a QM account to access the site.
The WAVE tool is useful to check Moodle or other webpages for accessibility.
Videos on the CGCC YouTube site are automatically captioned. In addition, the college is improving the verbiage via a captioning service.
Technical tutoring is available, as well as an online training course and Quality Matters reviews for new online instructors. Advanced training is available in course design through Quality Matters. Please contact Paula Ascher for details.
- Delivering Online Classes - What Works Well Video
- What is Moodle? Video
- Moodle Navigation Best Practices Video
- Moodle User Guides
- Activity Completion in Moodle - Students
- Activity Completion in Moodle - Faculty
- H5P Interactive Content in Moodle
- H5P Accessibility of Content Types
Books on Moodle
There are more books and ebooks on Moodle in the Sage Catalog.
Podiums systems Video are available in most classrooms with an integrated system that includes a computer, projector, screen, interactive whiteboard monitor (Starboard), document camera, and DVD player.
- Available Software - The Dalles Campus Google Doc
- Available Software - Hood River Indian Creek Campus Google Doc
- Available Equipment - Both Campuses Google Doc
- The What and Why of Gamification Prezi
- Open Gamification Rubric Google Doc
- Open Gamification Rubric XLSX
- Open Gamification Rubric
- Example of Rubric Standards Video
- EDUCAUSE Google Hangout - Gamification Video
- Gamifying Moodle Video
Zoom allows you to set up meetings and desktop sharing. To learn how to use Zoom, the Getting Started page is a good place to begin. You can take free live training, watch recorded trainings, and/or view short video tutorials. Please contact Paula Ascher for information about access and training.