- Students are required to enroll in the program full time.
- There are 16 seats available each year.
- Program begins in fall term.
- Completion of all program prerequisites and supporting coursework with a letter grade of "C" or better. The required prerequisites must be completed within the past five years.
- Submission of official (unopened) college transcripts for all courses that are to be considered in the awarding of points demonstrating a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or greater. A transcript for all classes taken at CGCC will be produced by Student Services and placed in your application packet; however, you must indicate CGCC on the application form as one of the colleges attended. If you are a CGCC student and have taken classes at Portland Community College (PCC) since fall 2013, you must request an official transcript from PCC.
- Completion of all required forms, including CGCC Admissions form. A checklist of required documents is provided as part of the application packet.
- Attendance at Medical Assisting Orientation.
- Students must have transportation to clinical facilities throughout the Mid-Columbia region for the clinical experiences.
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis)
- MMR (measles [rubeola], mumps, rubella)
- Varicella (aka VZV)
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza - Seasonal. Required only if attending hospital/clinic -based clinical in fall term unless otherwise stated.
Medical Assisting Admissions Application (2020-21)
Students must apply to the medical assisting program by filling out the forms in the Medical Assisting Admissions Application. Application period opens May 22 and closes June 12, 2020. Due to COVID-19, CGCC offices are closed to in-person visits so applications must be sent by mail. Emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.