Running Start Frequently Asked Questions

Can I make changes to my schedule?

Students can make changes to their schedules, depending on which week of the term. Any changes to a student's schedule after the initial registration may be made with CGCC's online registration system: MyCGCC.

In accordance with WA state legislature, Running Start students must also complete a new Running Start Enrollment Verification form indicating any changes to their schedule and tuition. This updated form must be returned to Student Services. This informs all parties of the effect of the schedule change on the claimable FTE and gives the college the opportunity to contact the parents/student for tuition if necessary. Failure to follow this procedure of notification may result in the student incurring the cost of tuition for the withdrawn courses.

What GPA must a Running Start student earn to remain in the Running Start program?

To remain in Good Standing students must maintain a 2.0 GPA.

Students who do not maintain a GPA of 2.0 will be put on Academic Warning.

Students who do not maintain a GPA of 2.0 for two terms will be put on Academic Probation.

Failure to meet the 2.0 GPA standard 3 terms in a row will result in Academic Suspension.

Mor information regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress can be found in CGCC's catalog or in your Running Start Handbook.

Where can I find documents and resources for Running Start?

Many Running Start students find the following resources and documents useful:

Running Start Handbook: includes important information, important dates and important policies

Running Start Enrollment Verification Form: All Running Start students must submit this form each term. Students who do not submit this form at the start of each term may be responsible for payment of tuition.

Release of Information form: FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 ) requires the institution to hold education records confidential unless the student signs a release of information form. In signing the Running Start Enrollment Verification form the student gives permission for college staff to release his/her grades to the high school and to discuss various aspects of his/her program participation with the high school/district officials. Students must sign this additional Release of Information form for college staff and faculty to discuss grades, attendance, etc with parents and/or guardians.