Medical Assisting Certificate Outcomes
Students who complete this certificate should be able to:
- Communicate effectively with persons through the use of verbal and non-verbal skills, written abilities, active listening, and information technologies within ambulatory care settings.
- Integrate the principles of mathematics and scientific knowledge with administrative and clinical medical assisting practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet patients' needs as a mature, adaptable person and member of the medical assisting profession.
- Think creatively and critically in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems, issues, truth claims, and ethical issues.
- Practice medical assisting within the standards and guidelines of medical assisting program accreditation and medical assistant certification standards.