Associate of Applied Science Administrative Assistant Outcomes
Students who complete this degree should be able to:
- Produce professional, error-free, timely documents by using current and emerging software and hardware technology.
- Effectively communicate their own creative and critical ideas; respond effectively both verbally and in written format to the spoken, written, and visual ideas of others.
- Use critical thinking, organization and problem solving to effectively manage numeric, alphabetic and digital data.
- Assess and analyze new tasks to determine what computer technology should be utilized to effectively complete the tasks.
- Establish and follow procedures to manage digital and hard copy office documents.
- Apply planning and time management principles to accomplish workplace efficiency and achieve company objectives.
- Perform general office tasks: plan and participate in meetings, coordinate travel arrangements, schedule appointments, greet clients/customers, and process mail.
- Understand roles within teams, work units, departments, and organizations to identify the effect of systems on the activities of a business or an organization.
- Exhibit people skills to deal effectively with a variety of personalities and diverse individuals.