Medical Office Professional Certificate Outcomes
Students who complete this certificate will be able to:
- Assess and analyze new tasks to determine what computer technology should be utilized to effectively complete the tasks.
- Apply planning and time management principles to accomplish workplace efficiency and achieve company objectives.
- Perform general office tasks: plan and participate in meetings, coordinate travel arrangements, schedule appointments, greet clients/customers, process mail and medical billing.
- Maintain ethical tenets of a healthcare professional and act in an ethical manner.
- Apply knowledge of the components of a clinical record and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Apply relevant safety, confidentiality and policy concepts to the use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) within the administrative hospital setting.