Child care grant deadline May 31, 2018
The Oregon Student Child Care Grant Program helps parents enrolled in college to obtain safe, dependable care that supports their children's development while allowing completion of the parent's academic programs.
An applicant must be an Oregon resident with a child or legal dependent age 12 or younger in need of child care, or, if over age 12, who satisfies the requirements of special needs; be a citizen or eligible non-citizen of the United States; be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as an undergraduate at an Oregon postsecondary institution; maintain satisfactory academic progress; and not be in default on any federal Title IV loan or owing a refund on federal Title IV funds previously disbursed.
Among applicants who meet the eligibility criteria, priority is given in the following order:
- A prior recipient of benefits of the Student Child Care Grant who maintains satisfactory academic progress as defined by this program, who has continuing financial need, continues use of a provider who meets registration requirements, and who has not exhausted maximum award eligibility.
- New applicants will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Financial need.
- Students' credits earned toward a Certificate, Associates Degree, or first Bachelor's Degree.
- Use of childcare providers who are listed with the Oregon Department of Human Services, or, registered or certified with the Oregon Child Care Division.
- Students enrolled full-time.
- Students enrolled half-time if awarded, you must enroll with sufficient hours to earn 36 credit hours (24 at semester schools) per academic year.
Grant payments for student child care for eligible recipients are provided on a term/semester basis as long as the student maintains satisfactory academic progress and continues to have a child who qualifies under the rules of the program. Payments are made directly to the college, not to the recipient or childcare provider. It is the students’ responsibility to pay their child care providers.
Apply to the 2018-19 Oregon Student Child Care Grant Application deadline to apply is May 31, 2018.