CGCC uses the Next Generation Accuplacer placement as the prerequisite requirement for reading, writing and math courses. Accuplacer is a non-timed, computerized assessment that helps us evaluate your current skills and place you into appropriate courses.
Accuplacer is not a "test." You cannot fail Accuplacer, and there is no "passing score." Rather, Accuplacer scores indicate areas in which you are strong and areas in which you may need help. CGCC offers classes at all levels, so no matter where the assessment recommends you begin, CGCC has a class appropriate for you.
Schedule a Placement Assessment
Please call the Student Services Testing department. Please specify what campus and what day and time you would like to take the placement assessment. (See list below for testing days and times). We recommend you schedule at least 1 week in advance. Seating is limited, so RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
If you have questions or if you require accommodations due to a disability, call Student Services, (541) 506-6011 in The Dalles or (541) 308-8211 in Hood River.
|Monday||9:30 am and 2:00 pm|
|Tuesday||Pearson VUE testing ONLY|
|Wednesday||9:30 am and 2:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am and 2:00 pm|
|Monday||9 am and 2 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am and 2 pm|
|Wednesday||Pearson VUE testing ONLY|
|Thursday||9 am and 2 pm|
Prepare for the Assessment
- Download or access the FREE Accuplacer study app (using a computer, smartphone, or tablet device)
- Access Online Tutorials
Day of the Assessment
- Arrive 15 minutes early and check in at the Student Services counter. The Dalles Campus: Building 3, Student Services, Hood River-Indian Creek Campus.
- Bring photo identification.
- Plan to stay for 2 to 3 hours. Assessments are not timed, so take your time.
- Pencils and scratch paper are provided.
- Children, food or drinks, cell phones, language dictionaries, etc. are not allowed in the testing room.
After the Assessment
- Review the placement test scores.
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor for class placement.
- Placement scores are valid for two years from the date the assessment was completed.
Other Test Services
Test proctoring services are provided to students and community members. All tests are administered by appointment only and a fee is applied for service. Contact Student Services for hours of availability and general test procedures.
CGCC is an authorized GED testing center. GED testing is computer-based and available on both The Dalles and Hood River campuses. To schedule a GED testing appointment, visit theri website at www.ged.com for more information.