About the event
During the event, teams of middle school and high school students will learn about wind turbine technology and design, and apply their new skills in an all-day competition to build, test and present their wind turbine models to a group of judges.
There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes given to three high school teams and three middle school teams whose wind turbines have the strongest mechanical power, fastest speed for transferring the kinetic energy, and the most electrical power generated.
Registration for the 2015 Wind Challenge is now open! Sign up one or multiple teams of three to six students from your middle school or high school to participate in this creative, hands-on event that fuels students' interest in science, engineering and clean energy.
Registration is open to first 40 teams.
- There is no cost to participate!
- No preparation is required. Students will build, test and present their wind turbine models during the event.
- Teams will be provided with parts, tools, materials, and mentors to build wind turbine models.
Is Your School Coming? Check Who has Already Regsistered!
High School Teams
- Camas High School
- Dufur High School
- Goldendale Homeschoolers
- Heppner High School (2)
- Hood River Valley High School (2)
- Klickitat High School
- Lyle High School
- Riverside High School
- South Wasco County
- The Dalles High School
- Wishram High School
Middle School Teams
- Klickitat Middle School (3)
- Mill A School
- The Dalles Middle School (4)
- Wishram Middle School (2)
- Wy'East Middle School