Part Time Retail Bookseller
Company: Waucoma Bookstore
Open: April 23, 2014
Close: June 15, 2014
We are looking for a part-time bookseller. You must be able to work weekends. This is a non-seasonal position, and you must be able to work year-round, including the holiday season and summer. You also must be available to work during all store hours (Monday -Friday: 10 am - 6 pm and Saturday - Sunday: 9:30 am - 6 pm). The ideal candidate is able to work Saturday, Sundays, and a few weekdays.
- All booksellers are required to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends, and evenings.
- Time-off is restricted during our busiest seasons, especially between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, and from June through August. Outside of these times we attempt to be flexible and accommodate reasonable employee-scheduling needs.
- Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic reader and likes to talk to people about books.
- You also are comfortable with computers, polite, friendly, and can stand on your feet all day.
- Previous bookselling experience is not required, but you must have a desire to learn.
General skills we like to see in our new employees include: prior retail experience, customer service experience, Windows computer experience, an ability to be attentive to details while keeping an eye on the big picture, and a constant desire to learn and solve problems. Flexibility and a sense of humor are a must.
This position is physically demanding. In addition to being on your feet four to eight hours per day, it also requires the ability to lift heavy boxes, take out trash, shelve books, vacuum the floors, sweep sidewalks, shovel snow and clean the shop. We try to maintain a comfortable atmosphere for our customers.
The staff at Waucoma Bookstore is a group of people who love books. We like working with fun and interesting people who are avid readers, reliable, and hard workers.
If you believe you are a potential candidate, please stop by the store for an application. Include a resume and any additional information if you feel it will help us in making a decision about your qualifications for this position.
Please apply in person. Applications are available at Waucoma Bookstore, 212 Oak St., Hood River. Please no emails or phone calls.