Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Open: July 2, 2014
Close: July 15, 2014
Wage / Salary: $31628 / per year
Serve as the primary records/Document Management System (DMS) Coordinator for The Dalles Project.
Manage documents in a variety of forms necessary for the efficient planning and execution of engineering and maintenance operations including but not limited to: drawings, electronic, and hard copy document management, contract specifications and construction records, reports, photographs and manuals.
- Maintain files of facility drawings, manuals, and engineering data, both master reproducible via the Corps electronic document management system, and plotted media.
- Use computer aided drafting techniques to take very basic sketches prepared by the engineer and develop them into preliminary and final plans of design features of mechanical and electrical systems and equipment proposed in design memoranda. Use original drawings to provide accurate up-to-date facility drawings.
- Conduct field checks to compare drawings with existing wiring, piping, and structures to make corrections as appropriate.
Positions are open to
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
- To learn more go to: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/students-recent-graduates/#url=Program-Fact-Sheets
- In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as:
- GS-05: One year or more, equivalent to the GS-04 level in federal service, which is defined as experience in cataloging, filing, and/or organizing technical documents. This experience also includes writing reports and papers and using word processing and database software.
- GS-06: One year or more, equivalent to the GS-05 level in federal service, which is defined as experience in cataloging, filing, and/or organizing technical documents. This experience also includes writing reports and papers, using word processing and database software and reproducing/digitizing technical documents.
- GS-07: One year or more of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-06 level in federal service, which is defined as experience in cataloging, filing, and/or organizing technical documents. This experience also includes using Computer Aided Drawing software to prepare technical drawings from sketches as well as reproducing/digitizing technical documents.
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section (as described below).
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package. It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account , select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date.
- Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.