Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Open: July 2, 2014
Close: July 15, 2014
Wage / Salary: $31628 / per year
Serve as the primary records/Document Management System (DMS) Coordinator for The Dalles Project.
Manage documents in a variety of forms necessary for the efficient planning and execution of engineering and maintenance operations including but not limited to: drawings, electronic, and hard copy document management, contract specifications and construction records, reports, photographs and manuals.
- Maintain files of facility drawings, manuals, and engineering data, both master reproducible via the Corps electronic document management system, and plotted media.
- Use computer aided drafting techniques to take very basic sketches prepared by the engineer and develop them into preliminary and final plans of design features of mechanical and electrical systems and equipment proposed in design memoranda. Use original drawings to provide accurate up-to-date facility drawings.
- Conduct field checks to compare drawings with existing wiring, piping, and structures to make corrections as appropriate.
Positions are open to
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
- To learn more go to: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/students-recent-graduates/#url=Program-Fact-Sheets
- In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as:
- GS-05: One year or more, equivalent to the GS-04 level in federal service, which is defined as experience in cataloging, filing, and/or organizing technical documents. This experience also includes writing reports and papers and using word processing and database software.
- GS-06: One year or more, equivalent to the GS-05 level in federal service, which is defined as experience in cataloging, filing, and/or organizing technical documents. This experience also includes writing reports and papers, using word processing and database software and reproducing/digitizing technical documents.
- GS-07: One year or more of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-06 level in federal service, which is defined as experience in cataloging, filing, and/or organizing technical documents. This experience also includes using Computer Aided Drawing software to prepare technical drawings from sketches as well as reproducing/digitizing technical documents.
Central Resume Processing Center
To check on the status of an application: email@example.com
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.