Company: Southern Company/Southern Nuclear
The IT Specialist will perform IT plant support for the Hatch Nuclear Station.
This position will support LAN/WAN infrastructure, phones, wireless phones, UHF/VHF radios, plant paging system, plant Public Address (PA) system, web cameras, and emerging technologies. Responsibilities will also include installation, relocation, and/or decommissioning of IT infrastructure (transport, data, and voice equipment or cabling, control systems cabling, etc.) and client technologies (workstation PCs, printers, phones, etc.).
Other responsibilities will include quality assurance, project status reporting, materials tracking and ordering of parts and supplies. The position will also perform work on special projects as resource needs arise.
- Two-year degree in a Technology related field or equivalent military and/or work experience is desired
- Ability to install, logically troubleshoot and repair hardware/software associated with voice systems, data networks, telecommunications systems, personal computers, peripheral devices, and ancillary equipment.
- Experience maintaining equipment inventories and documentation
- Experience installing standard, endorsed or certified off the shelf software and/or hardware devices, and providing minimal onsite training
- Possess basic knowledge of cyber security policies.
- Basic Project Management skills - ability to work independently and/or within a team environment.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and promote cross-functional teamwork that accomplishes meaningful business results working with and through others
- Ability to perform physical activities in an industrial environment including areas with high temperatures and in confined spaces.
- Ability to participate in a 10 week on-call rotation in support of 24/7 operations of the Plant Hatch facility.
- Experience working in a Nuclear Plant environment will be a differentiator.
- LAN/WAN (primarily TCP/IP) and telephony cabling and technology
- Phone switch setup and maintenance, including VOIP
- Cisco wireless LAN system
- Fiber installation/terminations standards -Twisted pair and CAT6
- Kenwood UHF LTR trunking radio system
- Ascom DECT wireless cell phone system
- PC’s and peripheral set up and installation
- Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Products (especially Excel, Access and Word)
- Experience maintaining Audio Visual equipment, particularly Web Cameras and Video Conferencing Equipment
- Understanding of electrical drawings
- Use of good oral and written communication skills to convey thoughts and ideas in a clear concise manner.