Helpdesk/Desktop Support Coordinator
Company: Hood River County School District
Compensation: $23.03 to $26.66/hour
The HelpDesk Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the Helpdesk in addition to serving as a first level support for district employees experiencing problems with the use of technology hardware, software, and related peripherals. This position coordinates schedules and projects as well as provides in-person, phone, email, and remote technology support. Individuals in this position receive requests for support, logs support through ticket management, and works to resolve user problems along with review of user surveys.
HelpDesk Coordinator conducts departmental trainings and identifies recurring problems that might be prevented with training or technical solutions. This position also assumes responsibility for helping schools and departments use technology more fully and more comfortably.
The HelpDesk Coordinator is centrally dispatched and serves all district schools and departments. Individual working in this role is an advocate and technical support for the human and organizational needs in addition to their technical needs.
- Coordinates helpdesk staff and services, taking phone requests and responding to service request tickets from users regarding questions or problems in the use of district technology.
- Analyzes support request tickets and surveys looking for trends and identifying recurring problems that might be prevented with training or technical solutions.
- Troubleshoots problems with district technology, either by phone or by taking remote control of the user desktop.
- Provides information to users on the operation of software applications.
- Assists users with account passwords and file permissions.
- Deploys and upgrades computers and peripherals as needed.
- Relocates and modifies computers and peripherals to different locations as needed.
- Repair, maintain, analyze and troubleshoot hardware/software systems. Refer out when necessary.
- Assist in troubleshooting Internet and network connectivity.
- Maintain inventories of hardware, software and licenses as needed.
- Complete necessary paperwork, records, and documentation.
- Designs and conducts user training sessions.
Skills: Possess advanced computer troubleshooting, repair and upgrade skills. Can perform multiple technical tasks. Continues to upgrade skills in order to maintain an acceptable level of performance due to changing job conditions.
Knowledge: Possess an instructional level of knowledge of current Microsoft and Apple operating systems, compatible applications, and hosting hardware.
Abilities: Possess well developed oral and written communication skills. Communicate with persons of varied cultural, educational backgrounds and ages, regarding technology use. Work as a team member. Remain flexible and accommodating to changing situations and processes. Adhere to safety practices and work within time constraints. Work under limited supervision: providing a high level of customer service at all times, projecting and maintaining a positive image on behalf of the District and those contacted in the course of work. Respond effectively to multiple conflicting priorities, continuously prioritizing projects and situations and to respond to unexpected changes.
Experience: At least three years of working in a technology related field. Bilingual in English/Spanish is helpful.
Education: Associates degree in computer related field.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability. Certifications should correspond to the hardware and software currently used by the district.
Continuing Education/Training Clearances: Pre-employment drug testing, physical ability measurements, preemployment criminal justice fingerprint clearance.
Working Environment: This position may occasionally require work beyond the standard workday or on weekends. Some travel to attend meetings or training may be required. Visual and hearing requirements include the ability to read documentation, to enter problem descriptions in ticketing system, to keyboard, the ability to speak in public and over the telephone are required. The employee needs to be able to lift materials, boxes or equipment weighting up to 50 pounds.
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
Hood River County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.