Wage / Salary: $20 / per hour
Compensation: $20.16 - $25.98 per hour depending on experience per collective bargaining agreement
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America and South America.
We have an opening at the Northwest Service Centers (Distribution) in Portland, Oregon.
- General maintenance
- Read technical drawings and manuals
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Computer Knowledge and Usage
- Must have current/valid driver's license
- Must be willing to join a union
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a maintenance mechanic or 2 years of education in mechanical maintenance, or related field
- Must be able to do shift work including weekends with variable start times
- Must be able to work overtime and holidays
- Must be willing to wear necessary personal protective equipment as required
- Must be willing to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods such as lifting, walking, climbing, or stooping
- Must be willing to work outside in the elements and in confined or high spaces
- Must be willing to work in tobacco free environment
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- In addition, successful candidate may be require to obtain an Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrician's License at the company's expense at some point in the future.
To apply go to www.gp.com/Careers/Careers-Overview. Click on Job Opportunities tab which will bring up the Job Search tab.
In the first field titled Job Number, enter 024776 and follow the directions to complete a profile and answer all assessment questions.
Please do not contact us directly.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of emplooyment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf.