Instructional Technology Resources for Faculty
Open Educational Resources (OERs)
Materials you can use for free.
Get help from the library on identifying when you can and can't use copyrighted materials for your class.
Plans and Manuals
How to Make Documents Accessible
- PDF Conversion from Word
- Accessibility Guidelines for Word (video playlist)
- Powerpoint 2010 Part 1 Video
- Powerpoint 2010 Part 2 Video
- Other Document Types
- Math and Science Accessibility (from PCC)
- Check for Keyboard Accessibility
- Contrast Text and Background Color
- Create Captions in Camtasia using speech to text
- Make Link Texts Meaningful
- Provide Alt Text for Images
Videos on the CGCC YouTube site are automatically captioned. In addition, the college is improving the verbiage via work-study students and a captioning service.
Moodle complies with all major international standards in the area of accessibility, including XHTML Strict 1.0. For more information about Moodle and its development, please see the Moodle Overview webpage Google Doc. The WAVE tool is useful to check Moodle or other webpages for accessibility.
Technical tutoring is available, as well as an online training course and Quality Matters reviews for new online instructors. Advanced training is available in course design through Quality Matters. Please contact Paula Ascher for details.
- Introduction to Moodle Video
- Basic Editing in Moodle Video
- Moodle Tool Guide for Teachers
- Embed a YouTube video Video
- Moodle Navigation Best Practices Video
- Backup Moodle and Download Gradesheet Video
Books on Moodle
There are more books and ebooks on Moodle in the Sage Catalog.
Podiums systems Video are available in most classrooms with an integrated system that includes a computer, projector, screen, interactive whiteboard monitor (Starboard), document camera, and DVD player.
- Available Software - The Dalles Campus
- Available Software - Hood River Indian Creek Campus
- Available Equipment - Both Campuses
- The What and Why of Gamification Prezi
- Open Gamification Rubric Google Doc
- Open Gamification Rubric XLSX
- Open Gamification Rubric
- Example of Rubric Standards Video
- EDUCAUSE Google Hangout - Gamification Video
- Gamifying Moodle Video
Collaborate (previosly called Elluminate) allows you to set up meetings and desktop sharing. Normally you use a headset with a microphone to communicate online. You will need an account from the IT Department. Please contact Paula Ascher for training.