Medical assisting is a one-year certificate where students will receive training which involves administrative and clinical aspects of health care in clinics and physicians' offices.
- Assisting the physician and preparing patients for examinations and treatment.
- Taking and recording vital signs and medical histories.
- Performing certain diagnostic tests.
- Preparing, administering and documenting medications.
- Collecting and processing specimens.
- Scheduling and receiving patients
- Maintaining medical records.
- Handling telephone calls.
- Correspondence and reports.
- Insurance matters.
- Office accounts.
- Fees and collections.
|MA 112||Medical Office Assistant 1||1|
|MA 117||Medical Office Administrative Procedures||3|
|MA 118||Medical Office Administrative Procedures Lab||2|
|MA 122||Medical Office Assistant 2||1|
|MA 123||Medical Office Clinical Procedures||3|
|MA 124||Medical Office Clinical Procedures Lab||2|
|MA 131||Pathophysiology for the Medical Assistant||5|
|MA 132||Medical Office Assistant 3||1|
|MA 180||Coding and Reimbursement||2|
|MA 270||Clinical Practicum||6|
|MLT 100||Medical Office Laboratory Procedures||4|
|MP 140||Introduction to Health Law and Ethics||3|
|MP 150||Introduction to Electronic Health Records||3|