Associate of Applied Science Degree
Credit Minimum: Dependent upon specific field of study
Degree planning worksheet
The Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) is designed for students who complete approved coursework in career and technical programs. This degree may transfer to local colleges and universities. Contact the individual department or desired transfer institution for transfer information.
Candidates for the AAS degree must satisfy the General Education Requirements and Associate Degree Comprehensive Requirements Limits and meet all the degree-specific requirements listed here.
|Requirements||Credits||Courses Which Satisfy Requirements|
|Writing||4||WR 121 (with a grade “C” or higher) or passing a lower division collegiate writing course for which WR 121 is prerequisite.|
|Math||4||MTH 65 (with grade “C” or higher) or passing a math course for which MTH 65 is a prerequisite.|
|General Education||16||Choose from approved General Education Electives.|
Requirements for AAS degree
- Associate Degree Comprehensive Requirements Limits
- The final 16 credits that apply to the degree must include at least 8 credits at CGCC that apply to the specific program requirements, excluding courses used solely for the General Ed. requirements. (students may apply to the department chair for waiver of this requirement if they can demonstrate currency in the field.)
- Twenty-four of the credits from CGCC must apply to the specific program requirements excluding courses used solely for the General Education requirements.
- No more than 3 credits of physical education (PE) may be applied.
- All AAS candidates must complete a program of approved course work in the major field. (see the specific program of study pages)
General Education Requirements
- Arts & Letters
- Social Sciences
- Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science
- The 16 credits must include at least one course with a minimum of three credits from each category. No more than two courses may come from courses required by specific programs.
- Students should consult an advisor for advices on General Education courses appropriate to their goals and interests.
- General Education requirements will be waived for students who enroll at CGCC with an AA, AAS, AGS, AS, BA, BS degree or higher from a regionally accredited United States institution. Program specific General Education requirements for AAS degrees will not be waived.