Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Certificate Outcomes
Students who complete this certificate should be able to:
- Act in accordance with the ethical and professional medical standards of the entry-level EMT.
- Meet the academic eligibility requirements for taking both cognitive and practical State and National Certification examinations at the EMT level.
- Meet the academic eligibility requirements to enter any Oregon Paramedic AAS degree program.
- Demonstrate communication skills of the medical environment in order to develop and maintain professional client relationships at the EMT level.
- Demonstrate the professional and technical skill set necessary to meet the EMT standard of care in a safe manner under diverse conditions.