Early Education and Family Studies Certificate Outcomes
Students exiting the program with an Early Childhood Certificate should be able to:
- Use their understanding of young children’s characteristics and needs to create environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging for all children.
- Use their understanding of the importance and complex characteristics of children’s families and communities to create respectful reciprocal relationships that support and involve all families in their children’s development and learning.
- Use observation and documentation, in partnership with families and other professionals, to positively influence children's development and learning.
- Employ their understanding of and relationships with children and families and their understanding of developmentally and culturally effective approaches to teaching and learning to implement and evaluate experiences that promote positive development and learning for all young children.
- Know and use professional standards related to early childhood practice.
- Identify themselves as collaborative learners who demonstrate reflective perspectives on their work, making decisions that integrate knowledge from professional sources.