Human Relations/Customer Service
Course Number: GT 115
Transcript Title: Human Relations Cust Service
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: December 19, 2014
Total Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 30
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default)
This course is designed to enable students to look at many factors that influence human behavior. The intent of this course is to help students increase their ability to handle interpersonal conflicts effectively at work and in their personal lives. Prerequisites: GT 101.
- Manage interpersonal conflicts more effectively in the workplace and at home.
- Further develop personal skills needed to succeed in a workplace that is becoming increasingly complex and diverse.
- Make use of multiple resources to improve personal, family, or workplace relationships.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of terms and concepts associated with the academic study and understanding of human relationships and career success.
Alignment with Institutional Core Learning Outcomes
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Intelitek on-line activities including end of section tests and final evaluation.
- Instructor generated evaluation including tests and projects.
- Hands on evaluation.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Introduction to human relations
- Interpersonal communication
- Managing interpersonal conflict
- Managing workplace communication
- Conflict resolution
- Improving personal and workplace relationships
- Cross-cultural dynamics
- Problem solving
- Customer service