Infant/Toddler Caregiving: Learning & Development
Course Number: ECE 175A
Transcript Title: I/Tod Care-Learning/Develop
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: January 15, 2015
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 10
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default), P-NP, audit
Covers growth and development: physical, cognitive, and language; ages of infancy and facilitating learning. Audit available.
- Recognize developmental milestones for infants and toddlers and the environments that support development..
- Recognize responsive, respectful and relationship-based infant toddler care.
- Articulate an understanding of respecting cultural and familial practice in caring for infants and toddlers.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment may include: participation in class and small group activities, written observations, assignments, reflective journal
Course Activities and Design
Activities may include: class discussions, small group activities, observations of early education classrooms, written assignments, reflective journals
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Different stages of development
- Development of communication and language
- Naturally occurring activities.
- Communicating with Infants and Toddlers.
- Facilitating learning and development.
This class is the first in a four-course series on Infant and Toddler Caregiving.