Course Number: CAS 215
Created: May 7, 2014
Updated: August 6, 2015
Total Credits: 4
Lecture Hours: 30
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 30
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default), P-NP, audit
Repeats available for credit: 0
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use critical thinking skills to apply interactivity to websites.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Course Activities and Design
Student completion of reading, quizzes, exercises, and a final project are some ofthe instructional methods that can beused. Suggested class format is either synchronous (lecture, in classroom or online meetings) or asynchronous (via video or recorded presentations) to emphasize key skills and concepts; student hands-on practice of skills; and demonstration of understanding through assessments and review of student labs and project(s).
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Use arrays to group and process related data.
- Use Document Object Model (DOM) scripting for web applications.
- Create effects and animations using jQuery.
- Validate forms, checking data for accuracy.
- Find and use jQuery plugins; create new plugins and/or add options.
- Use jQuery User Interface (UI) methods to enhance web pages.