Introduction to Web Graphics Using Fireworks
Course Number: CAS 110
Transcript Title: Intro to Web Graphic-Fireworks
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: December 19, 2014
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lecture / Lab Hours: 20
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F, P-NP (default), audit
Introduces the basic features of Adobe Fireworks. Includes basic drawing and photo manipulation tools and creation of graphics for websites. Recommended: CAS 111D; placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available.
Upon successful completion of this course, student will be able to:
- Use Adobe Fireworks to create web graphics following current professional and/or industry standards.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
This is a Pass/No Pass course with a letter grade option. Students must choose before the completion of 80% of the class.
A grade will be issued based on:
- Web pages produced by Adobe Fireworks will be evaluated after they are posted on a web server.
- Tests or quizzes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Manipulate simple graphics.
- Understand differences between .gif, .jpg and .png graphics.
- Graphics terminology.
- Drawing, painting and photo manipulation tools.
- Grouping and ungrouping objects in an image.
- Copyright issues related to Internet graphics.
- Inserting graphics into web pages.
- Bit-map/vector graphics comparisons and contrast.
- Insert an image on a web page.
- Upload a web page containing an image to a server.