Basic Internet Skills
Course Number: CAS 104
Transcript Title: Basic Internet Skills
Created: September 1, 2013
Updated: July 10, 2015
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lecture / Lab Hours: 20
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: P-NP (default), audit
Repeats available for credit: 0
Introduces web terminology, web browsers, search techniques, and communication tools. Audit available.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Research and use new internet vocabulary.
- Effectively use a search engine to find information on the web.
- Evaluate and use internet communication tools.
- Research, download and effectively use web browser.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be issued a Pass/No Pass grade. Assessments may include:
- Journal and/or reports based on research
- Communication using the Internet
- Tests or quizzes
Course Activities and Design
Discussion, lecture, small group discussion, searches and research.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Internet terminology
- Web browser
- Brief historical overview of the Internet
- Researching efficient use of search engines
- Using Communication Tools
- Overview of E-commerce / Shopping Carts