CGCC Photo/Michelle Bose
The Computer Applications and Office Systems (CAS/OS) department offerers one year and less than one year certificates, two year degrees, and several career pathways certificates.
CAS/OS courses at Columbia Gorge Community College include:
- instruction in business communications
- principles of business law
- word processing and data entry software
- spreadsheet software
- office machines operation and maintenance
- office procedures
- public relations
- secretarial accounting
- filing systems and records management
- report preparation
As an office employee, administrative assistant, or office manager, you will have a variety of responsibilities. Some of your activities may include computers, accounting, telephones, filing and information management, supervising office employees, greeting the public, planning and scheduling. Check out O*NET Online for occupation searches.