GBN Sexual Harassment
Board Policy Code: GBN
The Columbia Gorge Community College Board of Education is committed to maintaining both a working and learning environment that is free from any form of harassment related to a person’s sex. Sexual harassment is defined by state statute to include any unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, sexually motivated physical contact or other conduct or communication of a sexual nature when:
- Submission to such conduct or communication is made a term or condition of employment;
- Submission to, or rejection of, the conduct or communication is the basis for decisions affecting employment;
- The conduct or communication has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance by creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working or learning environment.
It is Board policy that:
- No employee shall use the authority of his/her position to subject any other employee or student to sexual harassment as defined above.
- Administrative procedures will be developed and disseminated that will outline the process for reporting and reviewing and acting on all complaints related to sexual harassment.
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. Section 2000(e).
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C., Sections 1681-1683.